Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Flashback – Letters from Omega

The following letters were recorded by Commander Leanna Shepard before the Normandy SR-2 before traveled through the Omega 4 relay. Instructions were to transmit to their intended recipients upon returning unless canceled by Commander Shepard.

To: Councilor Anderson, Citadel

RE: Final Mission

If you're receiving this, my mission to stop the Collectors was a success, though at the cost of my own life. I don't know what it is that killed me, but I hope I died a Hero.

I want you to tell the council that the threat they face from the Reapers is real. I know they won't believe you, but do it anyway. Do your best to piss them off.

I also want to make sure you know something. I don't trust Cerberus. I never trusted them. From the moment I discovered they were the ones that brought me back, I knew I'd have to play along with them to get anything done, but if I'm dead, then it's permanent. There's no way they're bringing me back.

I've included data encrypted by Cerberus detailing everything they've done over the past five years. Guess that means there's nothing in it about Akuze, but there's plenty of other info to go around. It may take a while to decrypt, but I bet it's worth it. Give the Illusive Man hell.

Look after your family, give my regards to Hackett, and kick Udina in the balls for me.

-Lt Commander Shepard, Spectre

System Note: Recorded but not sent


To: Operations Chief Ashley Williams, Location Unknown

RE: One Last Goodbye

Hey Ash. If you're reading this, I'm dead. Again. Pretty sure this one will stick though. I didn't want to leave things the way we did on Horizon, but it looks like we'll have to.

On the bright side, if we were right, we'll both meet in the afterlife. I never got a chance to tell you how much it meant to me to have another believer on the ship with me. You gave me strength. I'll never forget that.

For what it's worth, I never trusted Cerberus or the Illusive Man as far as I could throw them, and since I never met him in person, that's not that far at all. It just felt good having someone listening to me for once. I felt like the boy who called wolf, only the wolf was there the whole time.

Anyway, when you get to Heaven, the Elysian Fields, Valhalla, or wherever soldiers like us go after we die, look me up. I'll be waiting for you.

-Lt Commander Leanna Shepard

System Note: Recorded but not sent


To: Liara T'Soni, Illium

RE: The Last Goodbye

Hey there Blue. I'm getting ready to hit the Omega 4 relay. Gotta say I'm nervous.

I wish you were by my side. The Mu Relay, Ilos, the attack on the Citadel, they seem like a lifetime ago. I guess technically they were.

Now here comes the hard part. I'm dead. I know it wouldn't be the first time, but I got a feeling there's not resurrection in store for me.

So this is the end.

I want you to know I regret nothing. I know we only spent one night together, but it was the best night of both my lives.

I wish I could convince you to give up on the Shadow Broker, but I know you can be quite stubborn. How many times did people try to talk you out of studying the Protheans? Not even your own Mother could stop you.

The only suggestion I can give you is not to lose yourself to revenge. The Broker might be able to take everything you care about from you, but he can't steal your thoughts, the things that make you, you. Hold tight to them, and he'll never win. Lose them, and even if you win, even if you get your revenge, you'll still lose.

I wish you nothing but the best Liara. I hope, someday, you'll meet someone who makes you feel the way you made me. I hope you two bond and have a bunch of blue daughters. Just promise me you'll name one after me.

So I guess this is it. I guess this is my last chance to say it, so here goes: Liara T'Soni, I love you.

-Leanna

System Note: Recorded but not sent


To: Donnel Udina, Citadel

RE: What to do

I'm going through the Omega 4 Relay to take out the Collectors.

I'll likely be killed.

Go Fuck Yourself.

-Shepard

System Note: Message Sent

No comments:

Post a Comment